This $1000 scholarship is for a current EANM member for post high school/college education.
1. The applicant must have been an active EANM member in good standing for at least the past three years and shall be a New Mexico Resident.
2. Although no degree plan is required, the scholarship may be used for a vocational school, a two or four year college, web classes, or independent study through a state accredited institution.
3. The applicant may enroll in an out-of-state college if it is closer to the applicant's home than one in New Mexico.
4. No minimum enrollment in credit hours is expected. Applicant must show how enrollment will help the member and hopefully the EANM and the community.
5. If fewer than six credit hours are taken, the applicant must show how the single course will aid the member and the EANM or the community. How much of the $1000 is needed for the course, the time frame or when and where the study will occur, and additional costs of books and supplies must be supplied.
This scholarship will pay up to $1000 for the summer, fall, or spring semester after the scholarship is awarded or when a specific course is taken. The scholarship will be paid directly to the member for the amount required for study. The application and four copies must be in the hands of the EANM State Scholarship committee by March 1 of each year.